Great weekend of play in the 2021 National Intermediate Championship in D’Arcy McGees Snooker Club in Dublin was held on the 23rd & 24th of October. 39 players entered this Championship and the standard was very high over the weekend.
In the final John Torpey from St John’s SC in Limerick won the title in style when he beat Richie Flynn from the Hawks Nest in Waterford 3 frames to 1 in a superb final that was refereed by International referee Shane Mason.
Action started at 10am with many great matches and in the quarters we had a really tight match in which Ivor Fitzpatrick had a good chance to knock out the number 2 seed John Torpey but it was John who showed his experience to win in the deciding frame.
In the semi- finals we had deciding frames in both matches in which Richie Flynn beat Benny O Brien 3-2 and Mark Gleeson was beaten 3 frames to 2 by John Torpey.
TD Shane Mason congratulated all the players and gave a special mention on a great achievement for Stephen Byrne from D’Arcy McGees on winning his first ever match on the intermediate tour.
SBI would like to thank all the players for entering the event, TD Shane Mason for running the event and to Richie and Paul in D’Arcy McGees Snooker Club for all their help over the weekend. We won also like to thank Richie McCauley for the crystal vase he sponsored to the winner of the National Intermediate Championship.
Due to website problems, results were not recorded online. Please find results below.
Last 32 results
- George O Hara 3-1 Michael Meehan
- Alan McDonagh 0-3 Stephen Byrne
- Niall lawless 1-3 Aman Gael
- Eric Pei 2-3 Richie Flynn
- Dane Mulpeter 3-1 James Bateman
- Aaron Goldrick 3-1 Brendan Murphy
- Tom O Donoghue 3-0 Victor McCormack
- Carnal Moore n/s – Benny O Brien
- Adrian Morrissey 2-3 John O Sullivan
- Dylan Rees 2-3 Noel Gleeson
- Harry Morgan 0-3 Mark Gleeson
- Aaron Smith 0-3 Alex Currid
- Ivor Fitzpatrick 3-0 Anthony Cronin
- Kevin McMahon 3-0 Stephen Sherry
- Thomas Hickey 2-3 Brendan Thomas
- Andrew Doherty 1-3 John Torpey
- George O Hara 3-0 Stephen Byrne
- Aman Goel 1-3 Richie Flynn
- Dane Mulpeter 3-2 Aaron Goldrick
- Tom O Donoghue 2-3 Benny O Brien
- John O Sullivan 3-0 Noel Gleeson
- Mark Gleeson 3-1 Alex Currid
- Ivor Fitzpatrick 3-1 Kevin McMahon
- Brendan Thomas 1-3 John Torpey
- George O Hara 1-3 Richie Flynn
- Dane Mulpeter 0-3 Benny O Brien
- John O Sullivan 1-3 Mark Gleeson
- Ivor Fitzpatrick 2-3 John Torpey
- Richie Flynn 3-2 Benny O Brien
- Mark Gleeson 2-3 John Torpey
- Richie Flynn 1-3 John Torpey
- John Torpey 71, 51
- Richie Flynn 56
- Aaron Goldrick 87
- John O Sullivan 60
- Mark Gleeson 60