Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details of the SBI Seniors (over 40) National Championships on the weekend of Saturday & Sunday 27th & 28th May in the SBI HQ in Carlow.
- Seniors National Championships: 27th – 28th May – SBI HQ Carlow
Seniors Snooker Info
Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details of the SBI Seniors (Over 40’s) Tour for the coming season. Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date.
You can now enter and pay for all the events for the season at the same time by clicking HERE and choosing which events you want to enter.
This SBI Seniors (Over 40’s) Tour is open to players over 40 years of age of any gender and ability. Five ranking events are planned and this is followed with a National Championship.
The defending Champion is Dylan Rees from Dungarvan who won the title in 2022.
DATES & VENUES
- Event 1: SENIORS OVER40 TOUR – 9th October – SBI HQ Carlow – RODNEY GOGGINS
- Event 2: SENIORS OVER40 TOUR – 20th November – SBI HQ Carlow – FRANK SARFIELD
- Event 3: SENIORS OVER40 TOUR – 8th January – SBI HQ Carlow – FRANK SARFIELD
- Event 4: SENIORS OVER40 TOUR – 19th February – SBI HQ Carlow – FRANK SARFIELD
- Event 5: SENIORS OVER40 TOUR – 9th April – SBI HQ Carlow – RODNEY GOGGINS
- National Championships: 27th – 28th May – SBI HQ Carlow – RODNEY GOGGINS
- REGARDING RANKINGS – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS ONLY USE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE SYSTEM AS THE RANKINGS ARE AUTOMATICALY DONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE TWO EMAILS
CONTACT email@example.com if you are having problems to enter or register
Enter Via – On-Line Payment System
Players will have to first pay SBI registration / membership or Renewal their membership and register for the new season. When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will only be allowed to enter an event if log in and use this username and password.
You can reset your own password and there is also a support form on the system for members to complete and I.T. will follow up to resolve any major issues.
Players are asked to note that the prize fund for all SBI tournaments for the coming season will be a guaranteed 70% of the entry fee pot with 30% of the pot going towards officiating and club hosting costs. SBI will top up prize funds when required on a case-by-case basis.
The closing date for all SBI events will 1pm on the Thursday before the event. The Draw will be done automatically on the system with match times and displayed on the web site.
Tournament Entry Fees
The cost of entry will be the following:
- Over 40’s– €25.00
All players will need to register for the new season. SBI Registration runs from September to September each season.
- Family – €40.00
- Over 40’s – €25.00
- One Day/Event – €10.00
The increase in registration fee is to cover the increased costs of running the game post-Covid eg costs associated with the upkeep of the SBI HQ in Carlow given the rise in energy costs.
Only SBI members can access the online system and enter to play in SBI tournaments but one-day registration is available at €10.00 if you are not already a SBI members, remember this expires 24hrs after the event.
- All matches are the best of 5 frames
- SBI POLO SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED
- Dark Shoes (no runners)
- Dark one coloured trousers (no jeans)
- One coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist
- Waistcoats must be worn for all matches in National Championships.
- National Waistcoats are not permissible
- Bowties are also required for the SBI Championships for all matches.