Last Friday the 15th July Snooker & Billiards Ireland held a Golf classic fundraiser in Birr golf club. We were blessed with beautiful weather and a great day’s golf was anticipated.
Considering our membership, it was a disappointing turnout with an entry of 16 teams but nonetheless a great days golf ensued. The highlight of the day was undoubtedly Pat Caufields hole in one on the second hole, a rare achievement and ambition of any golfer.
A special thank you to Birr golf club who marked the occasion of Pats hole in one by making a presentation to him in recognition of his achievement. It was great to see Irelands Snooker world champion Ken Doherty turn up to support the day even if his golf talent did not match his snooker talent.
A massive word of thanks to Con and Tim O Sullivan on all their hard work in organising the day. To PJ nolan for his sterling work on the day and to Kieran Horan ,Captain Birr golf club, Francie and all his staff for all their help during the day.
Special word of thanks to all our tee box sponsors,It was their support which helped to make the day such a success.
- 1st GUI category, Oisin Bateman and Jamie Byrne Kilkenny, 50points.
- 2nd GUI category , Matt and Liam O Gara Nenagh,49 points.
- 3rd GUI Category, John Tobin and Donal Geraghty Trim,49 points.
- 1st, Non GUI Category, Dylan Rees and Paddy Drummy Dungarvan, 48 points.
- 2nd Non GUI Category, Richie Toal and Noel Geraghty Mullingar 46 points.
- 1st prize, Eddie Keenan, Waterford.
- 2nd Prize. Referees association care of Ger Murray.
- 3rd Prize, John Tobin, Trim.
- 4th Prize, Alan Flemming c/o Macau casino.
We would also like to thank the enormous work done for us by Arthur Greer, Ennis. For years Arthur has been an immense fundraiser for the organisation. Thanks Arthur.
SBI would like to thank the following who donated prizes for the raffle.
- Beaufort golf club Killarney.
- Failte Hotel Killarney.
- Dromoland Castle.
- Tom Aherne,Wagon Tavern, Fermoy.
- Tramore golf club.