On Saturday 9th September the intermediate tour kicked off with the first event of the season in the SBI Academy in Carlow. We had 42 entries and after a long day of play we played down to the semi final Stage were Mark Gleeson from Nenagh played Colvin O Brien from Carlow and Alan O Connor from Cork played Brendan O Brien from Kilkenny.
The semi Finals and the Final were played during the Amateur Tour Event 1 on Sunday 24th September and it was Mark Gleeson who won the event when he beat Benny O Brien 3 frames to nil in a superb final.
There were a c couple of upsets with Stephen Reddington beating Aaron Goldrick and Colvin O Brien beating Paddy Brady
The high break was 82 by Stephen Reddington. SBI would like to thank Referee Aonghus McAnally and Brendan Devlin for officiating and TD Shane Mason for running this event.
Intermediate Rules 2023-2024
The following are ineligible to play at intermediate this season
- Any Irish Amateur Snooker Champion in the last 10 years.
- Anyone ranked in the top 10 of the Amateur Tour Rankings 2022/23 Season.
- Former senior internationals are not allowed play at intermediate level however they may apply to the intermediate sub-committee for permission to play.
- SBI council reserves the right to review the eligibility of all players who enter intermediate events. The sub-committee has the right to stop players playing at intermediate level that they deem to be of too high a standard based on the evidence of what they have achieved in the game
(Any player who enters and does not meet the criteria will be removed from the event and have his Entry fee returned)
DATES & VENUES
- Event 1: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 9th September – WINNER MARK GLEESON
- Event 2: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – Celbridge SC – 19th November – ENTER NOW
- Event 3: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 4th February
- Event 4: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 9th March
- National Intermediate Championships: – SBI HQ Carlow – 6th & 7th April