Adrian Doran from Liam Mellows SC Wexford won the first National Challenge Ranking event of the season in the SBI Academy of Excellence in Carlow on Sunday 8th of October.
In the final Adrian beat Number 1 seed Pat Fitzgerald from Dungarvan in a good final that was refereed by International Referee John Tobin.
SBI had a fantastic entry of 43 players from players from all around Ireland on the 1st of October but due to the fantastic entry we only got as far the quarter final stages but the event was completed on the 8th October.
This fantastic Challenge series is getting bigger and stronger every year and we delighted to see so many new players playing at this level.
- Pat Fitzgerald v Conor Harkin 3-2
- Keith O Sullivan v John Downey 1-3
- Michael Meehan v Adrian Doran 1-3
- Eric Pei v John Ahearne 3-1
- Pat Fitzgerald v John Downey 3-1
- Adrian Doran v Eric Pei 3-0
- Pat Fitzgerald v Adrian Doran 0-3
The high break was 53 by Adrian Doran.
SBI would like to thank TD Shane Mason and TD John Tobin on running a fantastic event and we look forward to seeing everyone at event 2.