Snooker & Billiards Ireland have just announced the details of the 2024 Celtic Junior Challenge. This year the event will be held in Wales on Saturday the 29th of June in Terry Griffiths Matchroom Llanelli South Wales. The team and supporters will depart by Ferry on Friday morning the 28th, Play on the 29th and return on the 30th.
The top six Under 14 and the top six Under 16 players after each National Championships will qualify to represent Ireland in this annual Junior Celtic Challenge against the Welsh.
Wales are the defending Champions after they beat Ireland in Carlow in 2023.
National Coach PJ Nolan will be the Team Coach/Manager for this event. SBI are planning a training day with PJ prior to the event in the SBI HQ in Carlow.
Any player who has not got an Irish Waistcoat will be given a loan of a SBI Irish Waistcoat for the event at the planned SBI Training Day in the SBI HQ in Carlow.
- Dates – Friday 28th, Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June
- Venue – Terry Griffiths Matchroom Llanelli South Wales
- The players boat and hotel Costs covered by SBI on a twin-sharing basis.
- All players must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian
- Travel by Boat to Wales from the Rosslare Euro-port in Wexford
- Ferry departs Friday morning and returns Sunday afternoon – Crossing time 4 hours
- Hotel – Sessile Oak hotel Llanelli
- All Hotel / Ferry bookings for SBI players/parents done through SBI
- Hotel Cost is approx. £110 for a twin room per night.
- Boat cost as foot passenger group rate is approx. €65 per adult and €30 per U-16
Travel from Wales to Llanelli and back to Ferry will be arranged by Welsh association