Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details of the SBI Challenge Tour for the coming season. Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date.
You can now enter and pay for all the events for the season at the same time by clicking HERE and choosing which events you want to enter.
The Challenge tour gives the opportunity to all the club players around Ireland who dream of winning a National Title. SBI believe Challenge tour will be a big success in a stepping stone in helping grow the game around the clubs.
Four ranking events are planned and this is followed with a National Championship. The Current National Champion is Darren Delaney from Nenagh who won the title in 2023.
SBI have designed guidelines for player’s eligibility to play on the Challenge Tour.
- Any player represented Ireland from Under 21 level up to Seniors and Masters level.
- Past Irish challenge championship winner.
- SBI council reserves the right to review the eligibility of all players who enter Challenge events. The sub-committee has the right to stop players playing at Challenge level that they deem to be of too high a standard based on the evidence of what they have achieved in the game.
(Any player who enters and does not meet the criteria will be removed from the events and have his Entry fee returned)
DATES & VENUES
- Event 1: CHALLENGE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 1st October
- Event 2: CHALLENGE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 11th November
- Event 3: CHALLENGE TOUR – St Johns Limerick – 3rd February
- Event 4: CHALLENGE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 16th March
- National Challenge Championships: – SBI HQ Carlow – 28th April
REGARDING RANKINGS – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS ONLY USE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE SYSTEM AS THE RANKINGS ARE AUTOMATICALY DONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE TWO EMAILS
CONTACT email@example.com if you are having problems to enter or register
Players will have to first pay SBI registration / membership or Renewal their membership and register for the new season. When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will only be allowed to enter an event if log in and use this username and password.
You can reset your own password and there is also a support form on the system for members to complete and I.T. will follow up to resolve any major issues.
Players are asked to note that the prize fund for all SBI tournaments for the coming season will be a guaranteed 70% of the entry fee pot with 30% of the pot going towards officiating and club hosting costs. SBI will top up prize funds when required on a case-by-case basis.
The closing date for all SBI events will 1pm on the Thursday before the event. The Draw will be done automatically on the system with match times and displayed on the web site.
Tournament Entry Fees
The cost of entry will be the following:
- Over 21’s – €25.00
- Under 21 – €20.00
- Under 18 – €1.00
All players will need to register for the new season. SBI Registration runs from September to September each season.
- Over 21 – €25.00
- Under 21’s – €20.00
- Under 18’s – €16.00
- One Day/Event – €10.00
Only SBI members can access the online system and enter to play in SBI tournaments but one-day registration is available at €10.00 if you are not already a SBI members, remember this expires 24hrs after the event.
- All matches are the best of 5 frames
- SBI POLO SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED
- Dark Shoes (no runners)
- Dark one coloured trousers (no jeans)
- One coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist
- Waistcoats must be worn for all matches in National Championships.
- National Waistcoats are not permissible
- Bowties are also required for the SBI Championships for all matches.