Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details of the SBI Intermediate Snooker Tour for the coming season. Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date.
You can now enter and pay for all the events for the season by clicking HERE and choosing which events you want to enter.
Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date of Thursday 1pm prior to the event.
SBI have designed guidelines for player’s eligibility to play on the Intermediate Tour.
Four ranking events are planned and this is followed with a National Championship. The defending National Champion is George O Hara from Dublin who won the title in 2023.
Intermediate Rules 2023-2024
The following are ineligible to play at intermediate this season
- Any Irish Amateur Snooker Champion in the last 10 years.
- Anyone ranked in the top 10 of the Amateur Tour Rankings 2022/23 Season.
- Former senior internationals are not allowed play at intermediate level however they may apply to the intermediate sub-committee for permission to play.
- SBI council reserves the right to review the eligibility of all players who enter intermediate events. The sub-committee has the right to stop players playing at intermediate level that they deem to be of too high a standard based on the evidence of what they have achieved in the game
(Any player who enters and does not meet the criteria will be removed from the event and have his Entry fee returned)
DATES & VENUES
- Event 1: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 9th September – SEMI-FINAL & FINAL TO BE PLAYED SUNDAY 24TH SEPT
- Event 2: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – Celbridge SC – 19th November
- Event 3: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 4th February
- Event 4: INTERMEDIATE TOUR – SBI HQ Carlow – 9th March
- National Intermediate Championships: – SBI HQ Carlow – 6th & 7th April
REGARDING RANKINGS – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS ONLY USE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE SYSTEM AS THE RANKINGS ARE AUTOMATICALY DONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE TWO EMAILS
CONTACT email@example.com if you are having problems to enter or register
Players will have to first pay SBI registration / membership or Renewal their membership and register for the new season. When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will only be allowed to enter an event if log in and use this username and password.
You can reset your own password and there is also a support form on the system for members to complete and I.T. will follow up to resolve any major issues.
Players are asked to note that the prize fund for all SBI tournaments for the coming season will be a guaranteed 70% of the entry fee pot with 30% of the pot going towards officiating and club hosting costs. SBI will top up prize funds when required on a case-by-case basis.
The closing date for all SBI events will 1pm on the Thursday before the event. The Draw will be done automatically on the system with match times and displayed on the web site.
Tournament Entry Fees
- Over 21’s– €25.00
- Under 21 – €10.00
- Under 18 – €1.00
- Ladies – €1.00
All players will need to register for the new season. SBI Registration runs from September to September each season.
- Over 21 – €25.00
- Under 21’s – €20.00
- Under 18’s – €16.00
- One Day/Event – €10.00
Only SBI members can access the online system and enter to play in SBI tournaments but one-day registration is available at €10.00 if you are not already a SBI members, remember this expires 24hrs after the event.
All matches are the best of 5 frames
- SBI POLO SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED
- Dark Shoes (no runners)
- Dark one coloured trousers (no jeans)
- One coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist
- Waistcoats must be worn for all matches in National Championships.
- National Waistcoats are not permissible
- Bowties are also required for the SBI Championships for all matches.