Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details on the SBI Intermediate Tour Championsship which will be held this season in the Snooker & Billiards Ireland HQ Academy of Excellence in Carlow on the 8th of May.The final stages of this Championship will be played during finals weekend on 21st-22nd May. The TD will announce this during the event.
CLICK DRAW & MATCH TIMES – (AFTER CLOSING DATE)
- Event 1:February 26th – Celbridge SC – winner Ivor Fitzpatrick
- Event 2: March 12th – SBI HQ CARLOW – winner Donal Foran
- Event 3: April 3rd – Nenagh Social and Snooker Club – winner Donal Foran
National Championships: 8th May – SBI HQ Carlow – ENTER NOW
REGARDING RANKINGS – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS ONLY USE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE SYSTEM AS THE RANKINGS ARE AUTOMATICALY DONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE TWO EMAILS
CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org if you have used different emails
Intermediate Guidelines for eligibility to play
Players in the categories listed below are not allowed play in the Intermediate events.
- 1. Any player who finished in the Top 10 on the Senior Rankings in the previous 3 seasons.
- 2. Current and former Irish Senior Champions in the past 15 years.
- 3. Current and former WPBSA main tour players who were inside the top 64 on the Main Tour.
Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date.
Enter Via – On-Line Payment System
Players will have to first pay SBI membership or Renewal their yearly membership and register for the new season. When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will only be allowed to enter an event if log in and use this username and password.
You can reset your own password and there is also a support form on the system for members to complete and I.T. will follow up to resolve any major issues.
Players are asked to note that the prize fund for all SBI tournaments will depend on number of entries less tournament expenses. Prize fund and expenses will be announced on the day at each event. Expenses will include payment of Tournament Director, Referees and payment of €2 per player to host club.
“In keeping with SBI’s policy of following all government and Sport Ireland advice with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic, in the light of the recent changes in protocol, a Certificate of Vaccination or a Certificate of Recovery are no longer required as a criterion of entering SBI competitions.”
The closing date for this event will 1pm on the day before the event. The Draw will be done automatically on the system with match times and displayed on the web site.
The cost of entry will be the following:
- €25.00 over 21
- €15.00 under 21
Only SBI members can enter and play in SBI tournaments but one-day registration is available at €7.00 if you are not already a SBI members, remember this expires 24hrs after the event.
- All matches are the best of 5 frames
The dress code for all SBI National Championship is full dress:
- NO POLO SHIRTS
- Dark Shoes (no runners)
- Dark one coloured trousers (no jeans)
- One coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat.
- Waistcoats must be worn for all matches.
- National Waistcoats are not permissible
- Bowties are also required for the SBI Championships weekend and all matches.