Snooker & Billiards Ireland (SBI) would like to announce details on the SBI Challenge Tour Championships which will be held this season in the Snooker & Billiards Ireland HQ Academy of Excellence in Carlow on the 7th of May. The final stages of this Championship will be played during finals weekend on 21st-22nd May. The TD will announce this during the event.
Players should be aware that all entries are now through the on line system and you have to enter before the closing date.
- Event 1:February 13th – Crucible SC Cork – WINNER DARREN FLYNN
- Event 2: March 5th – Hot Shots SC Galway – WINNER ALAN O CONNOR
- Event 3: April 2nd – Nenagh Social and Snooker Club – WINNER ADRIAN DORAN
National Championships: 7th May – SBI HQ Carlow – ENTER NOW
REGARDING RANKINGS – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS ONLY USE ONE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE SYSTEM AS THE RANKINGS ARE AUTOMATICALY DONE THROUGH THE SYSTEM AND WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE TWO EMAILS
CONTACT email@example.com if you have used different emails
Challenge Guidelines for eligibility to play
Challenge events gives the opportunity to all the club players around Ireland who dream of winning a National Title. SBI believe Challenge events will be a big success in a stepping stone in helping grow the game around the clubs.
ADRIAN MORRISSEY from Wexford is the current Nationsk Champion and only players who meet the criteria below will be allowed to play.
- Open to all SBI members who have never represented RIBSA/SBI in any International event over 16yrs in any category or gender.
- Any former National Challenge Champions
- Former National Champions in any level over 16yrs of Age
- Any WPBSA member are excluded for the Challenge Tour.
- Any player who enters and does not meet the criteria will be removed from the events and have his Entry fee returned.
Enter Via – On-Line Payment System
Players will have to first pay SBI membership or Renewal their yearly membership and register for the new season. When you register, you will be asked to create a username and password. You will only be allowed to enter an event if log in and use this username and password.
You can reset your own password and there is also a support form on the system for members to complete and I.T. will follow up to resolve any major issues.
Players are asked to note that the prize fund for all SBI tournaments will depend on number of entries less tournament expenses. Prize fund and expenses will be announced on the day at each event. Expenses will include payment of Tournament Director, Referees and payment of €4 per player to host club with a minimun of €50.00.
“In keeping with SBI’s policy of following all government and Sport Ireland advice with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic, in the light of the recent changes in protocol, a Certificate of Vaccination or a Certificate of Recovery are no longer required as a criterion of entering SBI competitions.”
The closing date for this event will 1pm on the day before the event. The Draw will be done automatically on the system with match times and displayed on the web site.
The cost of entry will be the following:
- €25.00 over 21
- €15.00 under 21
Only SBI members can enter and play in SBI tournaments but one-day registration is available at €7.00 if you are not already a SBI members, remember this expires 24hrs after the event.
- All matches are the best of 5 frames
The dress code for all SBI National Championship is full dress:
- NO POLO SHIRTS
- Dark Shoes (no runners)
- Dark one coloured trousers (no jeans)
- One coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat.
- Waistcoats must be worn for all matches.
- National Waistcoats are not permissible
- Bowties are also required for the SBI Championships weekend and all matches.