I hereby give notice that Snooker & Billiards Ireland will hold its 2022 AGM at 12 noon on Saturday the 25th of June in the SBI HQ in Carlow.
SBI would like to see as many members as possible attend to discuss and vote on any motions.
Below is the section from the constitution dealing with AGM.
- a) Those entitled to attend and vote shall be any affiliated member.
- b) The Annual General Meeting shall be held in May / June for the purpose of receiving the Secretary’s Annual Report, Statement of Accounts, Election of Control Council and determining the policy of “The Association”. At least twenty-eight (28) days’ notice of the date of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all persons as listed at 5 a).
- c) Motions to appear on Agenda must be forwarded in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary not less than fourteen days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- d) All motions submitted shall be listed on the Agenda. A motion is valid if so listed and the person or Association proposing it is present.
- e) Nominations for an officer position on the SBI committee must be received in writing by the Secretary 14 days before the AGM.
- The nomination must be submitted by a member of SBI.
- The person being nominated must be a member of SBI.
iii. A seconding of the nomination must also be received from another SBI member in writing 14 days in advance of the AGM.
- The member being nominated must indicate in writing 14 days in advance of the AGM their willingness to stand for election.
Please note that this year, nominations are required for the positions of Chairman, Vice-chairman and Secretary for election at the 2022 AGM