Snooker & Billiards Ireland held the qualifier for SBI Amateur Players for the 2022 European Championship on Saturday the 12th of February in the SBI HQ in Carlow.
The event was played in groups. There were 5 groups and 2 came out of each group where a winner played a runner up of another group to get the 5 qualifiers for Poland.
The European Championship will be in held in Lublin, Poland from 1st to 14th April 2022. Full information and details on the U-16, U-18, U-21 and Mixed Championships are contained in the attached document below.
The qualifiers were as follows
- Group A winner was Farrell and the runner up was Rodney Goggins
- Group B winner was Greg Casey and the Runner Up was Mark Walsh
- Group C winner was Stephen Bateman and the Runner Up was MarkTuite
- Group D winner was David Cassidy and the Runner Up was Noel Landers
- Group E winner was Ross Bulman and the Runner Up was Anthony Bonnar
The draw for the qualifiers was
- Rodney Goggins 4-0 Ross Bulman
- Anthony Bonnar 2-4 David Cassidy
- John Farrell 0-4 Mark Walsh
- Stephen Bateman 2-4 Noel Landers
- Mark Tuite 4-2 Greg Casey
SBI would like to thank TD Shane Mason for running the successful event and a big thank you to the players for entering and we wish the 5 players the very best of luck in Poland.