The Leinster Region of the 2021 Irish Amateur Snooker Championship was held in Celbridge on 5th Dec. 2021 starting at 1pm. There were 21 entries with 4 paying on the day.
The Competition started off on 7 Tables. Michael Meehan had withdrawn giving Stephen Sherry a walkover in the prelimary round.
In this round the results:
- Andrew Doherty 4 Eric Pei 1
- Victor McCormack 4 Andrew Carton 2
- Richie Toal 4 Peter Dunne 0
- Jason Keogh 4 Brendan O’Brien 3 which was a very close contested match.
- Adrian Morrissey 4 Damien Reynolds 1
- Stephen Sherry 4 Michael Meehan whish was a walkover as Michael had withdrawn.
- David Morris 4 Kevin McConville 1
- Stephen Bateman 4 Dane Mulpeter 0
- James Bateman 4 Nigel Power 2 James had a 95 break in this Match.
- Jonathan Williams 4 Paul Griffin 1
- John Sutton 4 Andrew Doherty 2 John had a break of 57 and Adrian had breaks of 65 and 89
- Richie Toal 4 Victor McCormack 0
- Adrian Morrissey 4 Jason Keogh 3 Jason Keogh was 3/1 up and lost next 4 Frames.
- Philip O’Connor 4 Stephen Sherry 2 Philip had a 64 Break
- David Morris 4 Stephen Bateman 1 David had breaks of 79 and 113
- Jonathan Williams 4 James Bateman 1 Jonathan had a break of 91
- John Sutton 4 Richie Toal 3. This was a very close contested match
- Adrian Morrissey 4 Philip O’Connor 3. Adrian lost first 2 frames and went 3/2 up with a break of 139 Philip won next frame to go 3/3 and Adrian won last frame with break of 38. Adrian thought he was going to be beaten 4/0 as Philip played so well in 1st 2 Frames.
The 139 Break was Adrian’s highest ever break in competition. Congratulations to Adrian.
The 4 Qualifiers were David Morris, Jonathan Williams, John Sutton and Adrian Morrissey.
The High breaks were
- Adrian Morrissey 139, 57, 55, and 51
- David Morris 113, 79 and 61
- James Bateman 95
- Andrew Doherty 95, 89 and 65
- Jonathan Williams 91 and 79
- Philip O’Connor 91 and 64
- John Sutton 57 and 51
- Stephen Bateman 54
- That was 18 breaks of over 50
The first qualifier David Morris, Next to Qualify was Jonathan Williams, Next was John Sutton and last to qualify was Adrian Morrissey.
The competition went very well with great help from Shane Mason. Thanks also on behalf of SBI to Phil Martin and Johanna who gave me and Shane wonderful hospitality with coffee, teas and snacks all day long. Phil and Shane helped with allocating tables to matches.
The Tournament ran very smoothly with some matches slow but over all there was a great display of snooker and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the Tournament. Well done to Celbridge Snooker Club where tables were in great condition.