Dear Sport Ireland Stakeholder
Please find enclosed updated guidance in relation to indoor sport for under 18’s.
A summary of Changes is included below:
Indoor Youth Sport – Games and Competitions (Updated 4 November, 2021)
Underage Participants – Children under 18 Years Old
- The current “pod of six” system can be adjusted to allow for indoor games and competition activities according to the ordinary rules and limits of the sport concerned.
- The ‘pod of six’ system should be retained for all other settings such as training activities.
- The continuation of the pod system for more frequent activity will assist in minimising the overall risk and facilitate contact tracing.
Mitigation Measures for Inclusion in Indoor Youth Sport Protocols
- Staggered start and finish times combined with appropriate entry, exit and traffic management protocols to minimise the unnecessary interaction of participants at any one time.
- The pre-booking of activity including the health screening of participants along with coaches & support personnel.
- Symptomatic individuals not to participate in or attend sporting activities.
- Consideration of indoor space densities when determining overall numbers.
- Reduction in the overall duration of activities.
- Ensuring that indoor spaces are well ventilated.
- Participants to arrive prepared to play; limited use of changing room or showers.
- The ongoing promotion of good respiratory & hand hygiene.
- The wearing of face coverings by coaches and support personnel.
- Additional signage, hand sanitization stations and deep cleaning implemented.
- The use of physical distancing during warm-ups, rest times and off the field of play.
- No handshakes, high fives, fist pumps, chest bumps, huddles, group celebrations, etc.
- The use of dedicated COVID 19 Officers to ensure implementation and compliance of measures.
Shane Califf – Director of Governing Bodies