The 2021 National Intermediate Billiards Long-up Championship took place on Sunday 17th October in Celbridge Snooker Club and after a long days play Cork’s Lloyd Myers retained his title having won the last in 2019 that took place before the covid pandemic and his third overall.
In the final he defeated Rathkeale’s Anthony O’Flaherty who has won this event four times previous but was found wanting as Lloyd played strong, solid billiards to take back to Cork the title once more.
• Phil Martin 400 – 360 Tommy Murphy
• Lloyd Myers 400 – 204 Liam Byrne
• Robert McCrum 226 – 400 Phil Martin
• Joe Doheny 260 – 400 Anthony O’Flaherty
• Aonghus McAnally 234 – 400 Jason Dowling
• Lloyd Myers 400 – 289 Phil Martin
• Anthony O’Flaherty 400 -341 Jason Dowling
• Lloyd Myers 400 – 257 Anthony O’Flaherty
Lloyd Myers 76
SBI would like to thank tournament director Liam Byrne for running the event and Celbridge Snooker Club for hosting the first billiards event back on the scene since the pandemic stopped everything in the previous 18 months and well done to everyone who made this event a special one in our return to Snooker and Billiards.