Snooker & Billiards Ireland Under 18 Snooker players have been all knocked out of the 2021 European U-18 Snooker Championships here in Portugal today. The Juniors performed excellent in the event with Alex Currid reaching the Q-Finals before he lost to No.1 seed Ben Mertens from Belgium 0-4.
Alex earlier had outstanding victories over Vasilije Pesic from Serbia 3-2 and Joe Fenton from England 3-2. Congratulations Alex.
Noel Gleeson, Lewis Casserly and Aaron Smith were all beaten in the last 32. Noel was beaten by Nils Ritenius Manjer from Sweden 1-3. Lewis was beaten by Antoni Kowalski from Poland 0-3 and Aaron was beaten by Bulcsú Révész from Hungary 0-3,
Snooker & Billiards Ireland would like to congratulate all the players on representing our country with pride in the event and well done on excellent wins in the event during the week.
You can find each players Group results below:
For all the latest news on all the EBSA events click www.ebsa.tv
There will be 9 separate events this year with the European U-18, U-21, Men’s, Masters, 6red and Ladies Singles Championships along with Men’s, Masters and Ladies Team Championships held this year in Portugal.
- U-18 Championship: Noel Gleeson, Alex Currid, Aaron Smith, Lewis Casserly
- U-21 Championship: Ross Bulman, Mark Gleeson, James O Connell, Aaron Goldrick.
- Six Red: Greg Casey & Brendan O Donoghue
- Men’s Championship: Brendan O Donoghue, Greg Casey, Stephen Bateman and Daniel O Regan
- Masters Championship: Frank Sarsfield, John O Sullivan, Dylan Rees, Mark Tuite.
- Men’s Team Championship: Brendan O Donoghue & Greg Casey – Stephen Bateman & Daniel O Regan.
- Masters Team Championship: Frank Sarsfield & Mark Tuite – John O Sullivan & Dylan Rees.