It is with deep regret that RIBSA have to postpone both Re-Open events which were due to be held in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club on 8th & 9th of August & 22nd & 23rd of August.
Government guidelines and restricted travel has left RIBSA with no other option but to reschedule the tournaments for a safer time. It is essential that RIBSA look to protect all of its players and officials in all circumstances and at all times.
RIBSA will inform every player by email and offer a full refund or a place in the rescheduled event, which will inevitably take place as soon as it is fully safe to do so. RIBSA wishes to apologise for any inconvenience caused
Below you can read the official statement from Sport Ireland
Dear Sport Ireland Stakeholder
Following the announcement by An Taoiseach tonight the following guidance has been issued in relation to Kildare, Laois and Offaly.
The Restrictions are in place for 2 weeks from midnight tonight (Friday 7 August) until midnight on Friday 20 August. The situation will then be reviewed.
The key notes of importance include:
Travel and transport
– You can only travel within your county, other than for the following reasons:
– to travel to and from work where that work cannot be done from home
– to attend medical appointments, collect medicines and other health products
– for vital family reasons, like providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, but excluding social family visits
– for farming purposes, food production or care of animals
You should not travel into any of these counties, other than for the reasons above, and you need to travel through these counties to get somewhere else. You should not stop in Kildare, Laois or Offaly unless for essential purposes.
No sporting events or matches should take place, with the following exemptions:
– non-contact training outdoors in a maximum group of 15 people may continue
– professional and elite sports and horse-racing may continue behind closed doors
– inter-county training (max 15 people) and fixtures may continue behind closed doors
All cinemas, theatres, casinos, betting shops, bingo halls, gyms, leisure centres, swimming pools, exercise and dance studios are required to close.
All indoor gatherings should be restricted to a maximum of 6 people from no more than 3 households in total, while maintaining physical distancing.
Outdoor gatherings should be limited to a maximum of 15 people, while maintaining physical distancing
Public and private transport
You should not use public transport unless it is absolutely necessary to do so, and where possible you should not share private vehicles with others from outside your household.
Sport Ireland will continue to keep the sector informed on any further advancements.
National Sports Campus