The Republic of Ireland Billiards & Snooker Association will introduce a new system for qualification for the 2018 IBSF World Under 18 and Under 21 Championships and 2018 The Home International Under 21 Team.
RIBSA will hold three International Ranking tournaments plus a National Championships to qualify players for the International Events. These events are open to all the underage players and if any player loses their first match on the day they can play in a plate event on the same day.
Dates of Events
- January 13th & 14th: UNDER U-18 & UNDER 21 IBSF INTERNATIONAL & PLATE – 1
- February 17th & 18th: UNDER U-18 & UNDER 21 IBSF INTERNATIONAL & PLATE – 2
- April 7th & 8th: UNDER U-18 & UNDER 21 IBSF INTERNATIONAL TOUR & PLATE – 3
- April 21st & 22nd: NATIONAL UNDER U-18 & UNDER 21 CHAMPIONSHIPS
The International events will be the best of 5 frames including the final and the Plate event will be the best of 3 frames including the final.
You can now text your entry to RIBSA on 085 2428701. This is a text number only and you must include your name, club and name of the event you wish to enter
The closing date for entries will be the Friday before each event @1pm and the draw will be then published on the ribsa web site at 3pm.
The entry fee will be €10.00 plus Reg. This can be paid on the day. Trophies will be awarded to the plate winner and runner up of the three events and a prize fund will be awarded for the International events.
This new structure will be organised by our National Coach PJ Nolan who will be the Tournament Director at every U-18 & U-21 event. Qualification will run from January to May to qualify players for the IBSF Championships and the Home Internationals which will be held in July and August.
All juniors can qualify
All juniors have a chance to qualify for the IBSF / HIBSF events with this new system and players can also qualify through the Senior Rankings as RIBSA will give the highest ranked junior on the senior ranking a qualifying spot for the both Championships. This is to encourage more juniors to compete in the senior events.
- Qualifying for IBSF U-18 Championships
- National U-18 National Champion
- Number 1 on Under 18 International Rankings
- Highest U-18 on Senior Rankings – at end of season
- Additional players from U-18 Rankings
- Qualifying for IBSF / HIBSF U-21 Championships
- National U-21 National Champion
- Number 1 on Under 21 International Rankings
- Highest U-21 on Senior Rankings – at end of season
- Additional players from U-21 International Rankings