Michael Judge made a fantastic comeback from 0-3 down to win the final of the third RIBSA Senior Snooker Ranking event of the season ‘ The Presidents Cup ‘. In the Michael Judge played David Hogan in the Ivy Rooms Snooker Club, Carlow today the 11th of December and it was Hogan who was in fantastic form winning the opening three frames but it was the former professional player from Dublin who fought back to win the title.
In the semi-finals earlier today Michael Judge beat Johnny Williams 4-1 while David Hogan beat John Farrell 4-0.
The High Break prize went to Brendan O Donoghue for 113 break.
This event was the Cut off point for the 2017 EBSA Men’s Championships in Cyprus in March 2017 and the top 3 players on the senior ranking qualify after this event with the fourth player been nominated for a reserve place.
RIBSA would like to thank all the Players, Referees and the Ivy Rooms for making the event such a success again. RIBSA would like to wish all their members a happy Christmas and new year.
The cost of entry for Senior Tournaments will be €30.00 for 21 and over. Players under 21 on 31st December 2015 will be classed as Junior – Entry fee for Juniors will be €15.
Entry for under 16’s will be free, (all players must be members of RIBSA to play in any tournament)
RIBSA registration fees are 21 and over – €15.00, 16-20 – €10.00 and Under 16 – €5.00
The Top 16 players on the current Senior Rankings will be entered automatically into the draw for the event. If any player cannot play they must contact RIBSA to remove their name from the draw.
This event will have two tables live streamed from the Ivy Rooms over the weekend
The 2016 – 2017 RIBSA Senior Snooker Ranking Series will feature 6 Ranking events and the National Snooker Championships this season. These rankings will be used to select the senior International players.
The players received a player’s letter and reregistration forms in the post. The players are requested to bring the forms filled in to the event.
If the tournament is running late the T D may decide to hold over the Semi –Finals and Final until the Sunday but not before 12noon so as not to interfere with the Masters Tournament schedule.
Prize Fund – Total prize fund for all senior events is €1350.
Winner = €500
R-up = €250
Semi’s = €240 (120 x 2)
Quarter’s = €260 (65 x 4)
High Break = €100
RIBSA will pay all tournament expenses.
The closing date for senior tournaments will be 1pm on the Thursday before the start of competition, without exception. The draw for each tournament will be available on the website www.ribsa.ie, as soon as possible.
Players must be properly dressed for all RIBSA competitions. The dress code is dark shoes, dark one coloured trousers (no jeans), one coloured shirt buttoned at the wrist and waistcoat. Waistcoats must be worn for all matches. National Waistcoats are not permissible.
A Copy of the Rules for all tournaments will be available at the venue.
1. Brendan O Donoghue – New Institute
2. TJ Dowling
3. Robert Murphy
4. Michael Judge
5. Philip Browne
6. John Farrell
7. Jason Devaney
8. Ross Bulman – Youghal CYMS
9. David Cassidy
10. David Hogan – New Institute
11. Charlie Sweeney – Newbridge CYMS
12. Philip O Connor – Darcy McGees
13. Stephen Reddington – Darcy McGees
14. Karl Fitzpatrick – Ivy Rooms
15.Mark Tuite – St Johns Limerick
16. Johnny Williams –
17. Frank Sarsfield – St. John’s Limerick
18. Noel Landers – Youghal CYMS
19. Alan Cusack
20. Adam Fitzgerald – Youghal CYMS
21. Andrew Doherty
22. Stephen Bateman – Kilkenny Shed
23. Rodney Goggins – Wexford
24. Adam O’Shea-Dowling – Newbridge CYMS
25. Colvin O’Brien – Ivy Rooms
26. Benny O’Brien – Kilkenny Shed
27. Liam Brady – Darcy McGees
28. Tony Corrigan
29. Mike Skelly – Newbridge CYMS
30. John O’Sullivan – Kilkenny Shed
31. Luke Bateman – Kilkenny Shed
32. Alan O’Connor – Shooters
33. Mark Owens
34. Peter Dunne
35. Dessie Sheehan
36. Paul Ludden
37. Tony Seymour – New Institute
38. Patrick Daly – Killarney
39. Richie Flynn – Hawk’s Nest
40. Ryan Cronin
41. Oisin Bateman – Kilkenny
42. Paul Kelly – Newbridge CYMS
43. Adam Nolan – Newbridge CYMS
44. Dylan Rees – Youghal CYMS
45. Dane Daly Mulpeter – Darcy McGees
46. Daniel Dempsey – Newbridge CYMS
47. Greg Casey
48. Sean O’Toole
49. Aman Goel – North West
50. Anthony Bonnar – North West
51. Pat Bonnar – North West.
52. Diarmuid O’Connor – NUI Maynooth
53. Andy McCloskey – New Institute
54. Aaron Holland
55. Daniel O’Regan