This year will feature an exciting RIBSA Intermediate Snooker Tour around Ireland featuring six National Intermediate Snooker Ranking Tournaments and a National Intermediate Snooker Championship.
The RIBSA Intermediate tour kicks off with event one in Finglas in Dublin on Saturday 27th of September. You can now text your entry to 085 2428701. This is a text number only and you must include your name, club and the event you want to enter.
No player will be permitted to enter a tournament if he or she has money outstanding from a previous tournament this season.
Play will commence at 10.30am. Players will need to register prior to play. 16 and older – €10 and Under 16 free.
1. Clive Smith
2. Peter Dunne
3. Dylan O’Shaughnessy
4. Michael O’Sullivan
5. Colvin O Brien
6. Joe Corrigan
7. Shane Hourihane
8. Andrew Doherty
9. Rhonda Sheldrick
10. Robert Quigley
11. Howie Joyce
12. Paul Farrell
13. Alan O’Connor
14. John McBride
15. Aaron Holland
16. Donal Foran
17. Steven Clynch
18. Gerry Kineen
19. Paul Ennis
20. Seán Fitzgerald
21. Aaron Moyles
22. Darragh Cusack
23. Alan Cusack
24. Aidan Devenney
25. Seán Devenney
27. Daniel Dempsey
28. Wesley Savage
29. Darren Savage
30. Neil Guidon
31. Gary Ryan
32. Cahal Gordon
34. Michael Folan
35. Ivor Fitzpatrick
36. David Joyce
37. John Duffy
39. Andrew Yeates
The following players are excluded from the Intermediate tour
Any player inside top 16 on the senior rankings / Premier Tour at the end of last season.
Full Intermediate – Rules listed below
The Entry Fees
The entry fee for Intermediate Tournaments is €20 for seniors, €10 for under 21’s and free for under 16’s. These Tournaments will be the best of five frames. The closing date for all Intermediate tournaments is 1pm on the Friday before the tournament.
National waistcoats are not permitted to be worn at RIBSA tournaments.
The RIBSA Intermediate Snooker Tour 2014 – 2015
27th September : Event 1 will be held in the Classic S C Finglas Dublin
26th October : Event 2 will be held in the Crucible S C Cork
29th November : Event 3 will be held in the Ivy Rooms S C
20th & 21st December : Event 4 will be held in the New Institute Nenagh
21st February : Event 5 will be held in the Northwest S C Letterkenny
21st March : Event 6 will be held in the Celbridge SC
25th April : National Intermediate Championship will be held in the Ivy Rooms SC
Players must be registered before playing in the tournaments – Registration can be paid on morning of tournament : 2014 – 2015 Membership fees : Over 16 €10.00 and Under 16’s are free
INTERMEDIATE RANKING TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Only players who are citizens of the Republic of Ireland or persons who have been resident for more than one year are eligible to play in Intermediate Tournaments and must be registered members of RIBSA to compete in any Intermediate Tournament.
2. The following players are ineligible to play:
- Any Player who finished in the Top 16 on the Senior Rankings in the previous season is ineligible for one (1) season;
- Former Irish Senior Champions are ineligible for ten (10) seasons:
- Former WPBSA member are ineligible for ten (10) seasons.
- Former Senior Internationals for five (5) seasons, (Must have more than 1 cap).
3. Entry fee €20 for seniors and €10 for juniors (Under 21). Under 16’s are free. All entries must be submitted to host club or RIBSA text number or as advertised on RIBSA Website and must be received no later than Friday12noon prior to commencement of tournament.
4. Neat dress is essential for all matches, e.g. trousers and long sleeved one-coloured shirt, buttoned at the wrist. Jeans, tee shirts, jumpers or sneakers are not acceptable. Any player not conforming to this rule may be disqualified and will forfeit his/her entry fee. The Tournament Director shall determine the quality of dress. Waistcoats must be worn from Last 16 onwards. International waistcoats are not permissible.
5. All matches are the best of five frames.
6. Competitors must identify themselves to the Tournament Director at Control Desk prior to commencement of match. At the match time, the names of players will be called; a table will be allocated subject to availability. Any player not at the Control Desk at the time appointed for the match will forfeit one frame for being 15 minutes late or part thereof and one frame every five minutes thereafter. This penalty will apply even when no table is available.
7. The Prize Fund will be dependent on number of entries.
Winner – €7 per entry
Runner-up – €4 per entry
Semi-finalist – €2 per entry each
High Break – €1 per entry
Host Club – €2 per entry
T D – €2 per entry
In calculating prize money, two juniors will be counted as one entry. Complimentary entries will not be included.
8. Ranking points will be awarded for each match won, a bye or a walkover, provided always that the player plays in subsequent rounds of the tournament.
Ranking points will be awarded as follows:
150 points for Winner 8 0points for beaten quarter-finalists
120 points for Runner-up 60 points for Last 16
100 points for beaten Semi-finalists 40 points for Last 32
30points for Last 64
20 points for Last 128
9. An Intermediate Championship will be held at the end of the season after the final Intermediate Ranking Tournament. Trophies will be awarded to Winner and Runner-up. Prize money will be paid as normal less the cost of trophies.
10. All players must abide by the Constitution and Rules of the Republic of Ireland Billiards and Snooker Association. By signing the Player Registration Form, all players understand that Drug Testing can be carried out at any time and consent to this. RIBSA competitions are subject to the Irish Sports Council Anti-Doping Rules.
Updated April 2014